CEED may present this award each year to co-op/internship employers who have made significant, honorable, and meritorious contributions to the promotion of the philosophy and practice of cooperative education in engineering and technology. Officially begun in 2003, this award honors Lou Takacs, a long time employer of co-op students with E. I. DuPont, and after his retirement there, held a brief career at the University of Kentucky as a co-op advisor until his death in 2003.
NATURE OF THE AWARD
The award consists of a plaque, presented at the CEED Awards Banquet at the annual CIEC, with complimentary registration to the conference.
Nominees for the award should have made significant contributions to the field while performing their professional duties for their employer. Attendance at the Awards Banquet to receive the award in-person is requested.
At lease one nominator must be an active member of CEED/ASEE or have been a member during his/her professional life. No member may nominate himself/herself, a family member, or a superior or a subordinate in his/her own organization. No member of the Awards Committee can nominate a candidate. The nomination process is now online. If an individual is nominated and does not receive an award, she/he may be nominated again the following year. Nominations shall be considered solely on the basis of information submitted by the nominator.
This award requires submissions from 2 nominators for each nominee. If you selected a nominee, please identify an additional nominator who will complete the second nomination submission. Each nomination form must be completed and submitted online by Friday, November 4, 2022 at 5:00 pm EST.
The CEED/ASEE Awards Selection Committee will review all nominations and select the recipient of this award. If the committee judges that none of the nominees are deserving of the award, the committee reserves the right to make no selection. Nominations with committee recommendations will be submitted to the Executive Board of CEED/ASEE, which shall approve the awards.
Nomination Form Questions
Each nominator will need to submit an online form answering the following questions:
- Please provide the length of time the nominee has been involved with an internship or co-op program.
- What was the role or responsibility of the nominee?
- What outstanding contributions has the nominee made with respect to improving the quality of the experiential learning experience for the students? (Please answer in 500 words or less.)
- What impact has the nominee had on a student’s academic/professional career? Please provide an example. (Please answer in 500 words or less.)
- What strides have the nominee made to improve the relationship between academics and industry? (Please answer in 500 words or less.)