CEED General Info
Cooperative and experiential education programs are ... Structured educational strategies which integrate classroom study with learning in productive work experiences in a field related to a student's academic and/or career goals. These programs are a partnership among educational institutions, employers, and students.
What we're all about ... We want to promote cooperative and experiential education programs in engineering and e ngineering t echnology to academia, businesses, industry and government across the United States and beyond.
General Goals of CEED are to ... Foster better understanding of cooperative and experiential education; i mprove experiential programs and services to students, educators, and employers; Develop closer relationships between colleges and participating employers that use engineering majors; Discuss issues of interest within the scope of cooperative education; Promote research in the field of cooperative and experiential education.
What CEED has to Offer...
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT through the national ASEE Conference held in June and the College/Industry/Education Conference held in late January/early February
- ACCESS to industry, business, and government services information
- INFORMATION on recent ABET and cooperative and experiential activities in CEED publications
- STATISTICS on experiential students and programs
- SUBSCRIPTION to CEED Newsbriefs and ASEE Prism
- DIRECTORY of engineering cooperative and experiential programs
A Historical Look at Cooperative & Experiential Education Division...
For a comprehensive history of cooperative education, please read “Co-op’s 90-year odyssey” by Sam Sovilla. Reproduced with permission of the copyright owner, the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE). The original article appeared in the ASEE PRISM; Jan. 1998; pp. 18-23.
- 1926 Founded as Association of Cooperative Colleges
- * NOTE: It is the oldest experiential education organization
- 1928 Revised as Standing Committee on Engineering Education
- 1930 Renamed as Division on Cooperative Engineering Education
- 1941 Renamed as the Cooperative Education Division
- 2009 Cooperative & Experiential Education Division in its present role