The Alvah K. Borman Award
This award honors Alvah K. Borman, Dean of Graduate Placement Services, Northeastern University, for his numerous outstanding contributions to engineering cooperative education over many years, including the founding and editorship of the CEED Newsbriefs from 1969 until his death ten years later.
The Division allows for the presentation of up to two awards each year to Division members, past or present, who have made sustained, honorable, and meritorious contributions to the promotion of the philosophy and the practice of cooperative education in engineering an/or engineering technology.
Nominations are made in the fall of each year, with the award being presented at the mid-winter meeting of the CIEC. The award consists of a $1000 honorarium, a plaque, and a certificate of achievement.
Alvah K. Borman Nomination Form
Deadline for submitting your nomination is:
Thursday, November 15, 2018
Submit no more than one additional page describing the contributions of the nominee to the field of engineering cooperative education. You may also attach supporting letters.
1. Nominators must be active members of CEED/ASEE or have been members during their professional lives.
2. No member may nominate himself, a family member, or a superior or a subordinate in his/her organization.
3. No member of the Borman Award Selection Committee can nominate a candidate. The nomination form must be completed and submitted to the Chairman of the CEED/ASEE Awards Committee by the announced deadline.
4. Submit nomination form BELOW
5. Email supporting documents to ...
University of Cincinnati
Division of Experience Based Learning and Career Education
830 Steger Student Life Center – ML 0115
Cincinnati, OH 45221
NOTE: The description of the contributions made by the nominee must be limited to one additional page. However, supporting letters from other individuals may also be submitted.